Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just Remembering...

































So my Dad, Mom, Sister (Saren) and Best Friend (Kristie) came to pick me up from my mission. These are the pictures Kristie took. The people there are very poor. They are actually the second poorest country in South America. One of the pictures is the puppet show that Hermana Erickson (Deann) and I put on for the health clinics. Another shows a typical food there called Majadito. It consists of fried eggs, fried bananas, tomatoes and creamy rice. The picture of the chickens are actually the dirt road outside of my house, and yes that is green water and trash.

4 comments:

  1. oh man i would have loved to be your companion! we would have had a blast! aren't missions the best. i cannot wait until i can go back to switzerland and visit. do you keep in contact with some of the people that you taught? i found that it is hard to keep in contact when they are out of the country and so far away. my hubby went to indiana and sometimes i am jealous at how easy it is to talk and visit them. anyways, i totally love your blog and i love that you update it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I didn't know you guys had a blog! I will become a faithful reader now! Hope you guys are well and that we can see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THere are some pictures here I will copy for the "book".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denae, I love love LOVE your blog! This is so wonderful to my heart to keep up with you this way. :0) And the story about Yoshi was awesome...lol Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete