Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Isaac says, " Wuz up Guys, Wuz up!"

Isaac Inouye Cavanaugh was born March 9, 2010 at 6:55 pm at Great Expectations Birthing Center. He was 5 pounds and 15 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. We did a water birth, and no Jake did not bring his snorkel gear!! It was the neatest experience. In all, I was in active labor from about 1pm to his birth. I birthed the majority of it in a cool Korean tub that holds about 100 gallons of water. Jake was my doula, and Rebecca Williams was my midwife.
At about 3 am on the 9th, I had, what I know now, were contractions. I was thinking that they were brackston hicks. We called our midwife, she said if I couldn't talk through them, that I should come in. At this point, Jake was debating whether to go in to work. We had carpenters downstairs that were constantly knocking at our door. Jake finally broke down and told them that his wife was in labor, and not to disturb us..... hahahaha..... we finally headed to the birthing center. At this point, I thought my midwife would say, "Denae, you are a whimp. Go home and come back when you are really in labor." But to my surprise, I was in active labor and had a baby 5 hours later. It is such a blur in my mind now, but all I know is that I have a new found respect for any woman that goes natural!! Holy Cow Ladies... we are amazing!
So now Jake, Isaac and I are one big happy family. We feel so blessed to have a healthy son. WE ARE PARENTS PEOPLE! We love him so much. Jake has been so good with him, and to me. I feel just so grateful and lucky!
Thanks to everyone that was so supportive during this time with phone calls, texts, emails, dinners and love. Thanks to the Cavanaugh family for cleaning my entire house! And a special shout out to my best friend for coming from Idaho and spending 4 days with me. You are amazing girl!!!




















10 comments:

  1. Congrats Denae and Jake!!!! That is so awesome. I can't believe you guys are parents now. Way to go Denae, you are one strong woman. Issac is just perfect.
    Love,
    The Pence Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love all of the pictures!!! I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THE PIC OF JAKE WEARING THE MOBY WRAP!!!!! That is hilarious! SEriously I almost peed myself! Love ya and miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denae, I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations! He is such a cutie and such a tiny guy! I'm so proud of you for doing it natural!! I would have died doing it through my 12 hour labor. But I wanna come see you soon and hear all the details about the birth ;) Hope all is well being a new mommy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so CUTE! and jake, thats HOT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! i have been checking your blog daily waiting to hear news of the new arrival. he is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama!!!! Felicidades! He is so dang cute! Congratulations to all of you! I'm so happy for ya'll! That's awesome you went natural! What a woman! We'll have to come visit sometime! I wanna meet the li'l guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is Adorable! He looks like you Denae! You are Awesome going at it alone until you were a 5! Dang you are a tough, strong woman! So happy that all went well and that your handsome little boy is perfect! Great job Jake for being Denae's doula not all husbands can do it. You guys are awesome so happy for you both and little Issac for coming to such a cool family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you (finally) posted pics! He sure is a cute little guy!
    Cute cute family! We love and miss you guys! Glad things are going good! Congrats! -Jaime Paul and our crew

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Jason Carroll. I came across your blog on a boring day at work. Congrats on your new addition. That is awesome! Tell Chad to call me (801)556-6027, I would love to get back in contact with your family. You guys were all great friends of my a while back and I would love to catch up.

    ReplyDelete