Monday, February 16, 2009

We are the Old Farts













So for the past three years, my Dad has treated his "girls" to a waited dinner for Valentines. He starts out with social hour with cider, grapes, veggies, shrimp and toasts. He then precedes to have us migrate to the tables for servings of first soup, then salad and then your choice of steak or chicken platters. The dinner is finished off with ice cream (this year was cheesecake or cakebatter) and of course dancing. This year we decided to go a little vintage. After many trips to the DI and Savers, these are our outfits. My favorite is, of course, my hubby's tight suade suit, but then you have Sam's pedifile outfit... chad's checkers and Ty's Jerbos. Ty even grew a mustache for the occasion. I actually got my outfit and Saren's from one of my patient's closet. It was kind of scary how attractive some of us turned out!! Troy and his girlfriend, Melisa, win the cutest couple award! They decided to go all out instead of vintage and the results were so great... we needed someone to help us out in our sad state of ugliness.










4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun night! We missed you at Ashley's reception...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that's SO awesome! You Gabrielsens are fabulous people. :) Glad you had a happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love the dress Denae! Seriously you look hot! And looks like you all had a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah didn't want to mention it, but I wasn't feeling well that night.. I made it through pictures then fell asleep on the couch.. I was sure one hot date:) Poor Jacob

    ReplyDelete