Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Two Year Mark To Remember












Well we made it this far... might as well keep going I guess!! To be honest I never thought I could be so happy. My Dad gave us some good advice before we got married... "It is not going to be like Disneyland everyday!" I agree, but I think the key ingredient is that you have each other. I really indeed married my best friend. He is so supportive and as Jake says it, " Has gotten used to girls and their sensitive ways!" I asked Jake this morning how he always stays so positive because truely he is. He said it was because he has such a great married life. Now isn't that adorable ladies??!! I am not sure how I got so lucky with the blessing of marrying Jake. He is the perfect match for me.

So yesterday on our anniversary, Jake and I, let's say, were not at Disneyland. I got laid off at my job. Yes, folks, even nurses are having trouble in this economy. It is so unstable! I was even their senior RN! I appreciate all the help and support everyone has been with this. I have felt super loved. What I should have done in retrospect was just have gotten out of this job more quickly. I stayed in for the money, and the love I had for my patients. I think last night summed it up when I had a dream about spiders. I am a big believer in dreams. My dream entailed spiders that were coming after me and I killed them. Upon researching what spiders mean in dreams I found out that:
Spider/Spiders: Deceit, a web of lies. Ask yourself who around you may not be trustworthy. Spiders can also mean someone or something is "bugging" you to the point that you are feeling trapped, just as a spider uses its web to trap its prey.

The fact that I was killing them means:
Killing/Killed: If you are doing the killing then there is a need or desire to kill off, to put an end to something in your life such as a relationship, a behavior, a situation, etc.

All in all this was not the path I needed to be on! I would really like to work for a job that appreciated me and that I enjoy! So anyone reading this... I am looking for work!!! Specialties: Diabetes, Nursery\NICU, and preventative health.

6 comments:

  1. Hey girly, sorry to hear about your job! That stinks royally! Who would've thought that nurses would have a hard time getting jobs? I'll keep my eye out for you! You guys are way too cute and I can't believe it's been two years since you got married! How time flies! I hope everything goes well for you, mama. Love ya, tu Hija

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd Anniversary, you guys! You really do seem perfectly matched. :) Sorry about the non-disneyland moment. I love your outlook on it, Nae. Some lucky employer will snatch you up before long, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you two! Everything will work out! You will probably find a better job that you will like even more. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry to hear about your job, Denae. First Ashley, now you. This is a scary time. Hang in there. Everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we can be unemployed together!! I can totally empathize with you Denae...I'm sorry to hear. If you ever need to vent about how it feels to be laid off, you know I'm one phone call away. And I'm SO excited you got a road bike. We can bike like we used to run...remember those days???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denae! I'm so sorry to hear of you're bad news. I sure hope you find work quickly and that it'll be a much better and enjoyable environment to be working in. Happy Anniversary! I love and miss you :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete